Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gluten Free Mango Cashew Chutney Chicken


This was my first chutney and, well, it turned out delicious.  For a side dish I made the puff pastry wrapped asparagus pictured, it turned out pretty good also.

Back to the chutney.  I read a lot about various chutneys and decided that I would make a mango cashew.  I had to tailor it to my personal tastes, Shawn's dislike and refusal to eat raisins,  and what was available at the local grocery.

The result.....Yummy!

Ingredients

2 chicken breasts
2 mango's, diced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup finely crushed cashews
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons organic applesauce
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
5 ounces of chopped pineapple (I used snack packs)
2 tablespoon fresh chopped ginger


Place all ingredients but the chicken breasts in a medium to large saucepan and cook down, stirring often.



After about 30 minutes begin frying the chicken breasts.  Once chicken is thoroughly cooked plate and top with the chutney.  This made enough for a second night and I was glad for that.

Delicious!   Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment